Taking the "manual" out of manual data entry!
Document Acquisition refers to the process of capturing Patient Care Records (PCR) and any other incident-related documentation in digital form in order to make that documentation and its corresponding data available electronically to FireMed Pro users.
In simple terms, here's how it works:
- Field personnel complete and submit patient care documentation following an EMS response.
- Patient Care Records (click here to view a sample) are then digitally scanned. Any additional documentation can be stored electronically with the PCR - including scanned paper documents, electronic documents, scanned photos, digital photos, movie and voice files, and digital output from medical devices.
- Specific data, such as hand-printed or machine-printed characters, bar codes or check marked fields, are automatically "lifted" from the PCR and passed to FireMed Pro's recognition engines for interpretation.
- PCR's requiring data verification are identified and displayed to an operator for verification/correction.
- Incident data and document images are then available for user query, analysis, and reporting using FireMed Pro's image and data management capabilities.
With free Acrobat Reader® software, you can view and print Adobe PDF files.